Saturday, November 15, 2008

My newest Creation



Please dont mind the Model's crazy hair. LOL we just took braids down. And before My sis jumps and says i cheated....I will admit....I CHEATED. When i got to looking around at all the sweaters and blankets that i had that i could recycle the yarn for new projects i came across this.


My best friend's mom made this for sis when she was born. And she used it everyday for about two years then like most baby blankets it ended up on the top of the closet for 3 years. But I didnt want to take it apart because it was made just for her and my second mom had put so much time into it. When i was looking for my next project Sis saw a girl in a poncho and said she wanted one then i got an idea. But again felt way to guilty to chop such a beautiful baby blanket. So i called the maker of it ans she laughed and asked if i felt guilty when it was on the top of the closet. She agreed that it would make a great poncho and loved the idea that Sissy could get a couple more years out of the blanket she made. So i cut out the center square and made a hem. Ta-Da its done! And Sis loves it. Best of all ..... Its not sitting in the closet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey it made a very pretty poncho. I wouldn't say you cheated, you just reused a blankie in a very creative way. Or at least I wouldn't say it and mean it, lol.